Become a KOB Affiliate
Steps to become an affiliate:
STEP ONE: Complete and submit the online Affiliate Application Form (to the right) to establish your organization as a provisional Affiliate. Applicants will receive email notification from KOB, confirming provisional status, which is the go-ahead signal to begin completing the following steps and submitting the information. Organizations can take as long as 60 days to complete the steps and may call upon KOB staff to help with any part of the process.
STEP TWO: Determine your organization's structure and (if applicable) board membership.
STEP THREE: Prepare your organization's mission statement.
STEP FOUR: Prepare your bylaws or the guidelines or ordinance or resolution that created your organization.
STEP FIVE: Establish funding sources (may be in-kind) and a budget.
*Steps 2-5 must be completed within 60 days of step 1, or you will have to resubmit your Affiliate Application.
- Complete the Annual Affiliate Year End Report
This report will be completed online and will deal with the group's activities and accomplishments for the prior year, personnel changes, etc.
- Attend one (or more) KOB training session every year
This can be a KOB regional workshop, a Webinar or other form of nonprofit training program provided through KOB or through Keep America Beautiful.
- Use the name "Keep (community) Beautiful"
Intended primarily for new organizations - those with established identities are excluded from this requirement.
- Submit $200.00 fee by July 1 each year
- Annually participate in GAC and another KOB Program
Participate in the Great American Cleanup in Oklahoma plus at least one other KOB-endorsed program**
- Submit at least one nomination for the annual Environmental Excellence Competition
**KOB-Endorsed programs/projects (partial list)
- Fresh Paint Days
- Arbor Day Celebration
- Make A Difference Day
- The BIG Event
- Environmental Education
- Attend KOB Awards Banquet
- Lakeshore Cleanup Event
- America Recycles Day Event
- Recycling and/or Reuse Collection
- Tree and/or flower planting
- Help with local farmers market
- Serve on a KOB Committee